- All year round constant growth slight curtail growth in the winter cold.
- Production lies between perennial ryegrass and cocksfoot.
- Tolerates wet, infertile and acidic soil types.
- Used for forestry and erosion control.
- young shoots are highly digestible.
- wide tolerance of temperature between perennial ryegrass and cocksfoot.
- Persist under a range of management.
- Slightly lower growth in winter.
- Low dry matter yield.
- Can be troublesome with rust does not kill the plant but gives reduced palatability and yield.
Suggested sow rate: 6-8 kg/ha alone 2-4 kg/ha in mixtures